Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Walnut Apple Salad

I must admit, I usually don't care for salads. Every time I hear the words "diet" I immediately conjure up images of me starving while staring at a bowl of bland vegetables. Whenever I'm eating dinner in a restaurant and someone orders a salad I think, What a waste! Why waste your taste buds and calories on plain old salad?! Ok, maybe that's why I'm having a health crisis....hmmm, nah!

Well, I whipped up a little number last week that I just love. And guess what - no lettuce! I definitely don't feel like a rabbit while eating this yummy and simple apple salad:


Recipe
1/4 to 1/2 Cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
1 Apple, any variety
1 tbsp Italian Dressing, light, fat-free or regular

Microwave walnuts for 30-45 seconds (or warm in oven or over stove) just until you can start to smell their flavor. Thinly slice the apple, then chop slices. Toss walnuts and apple bits with Italian dressing in a large bowl. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment