Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

Entryway Landscaping Contest

It's that time again...time to REMODEL SOMETHING! I've got the remodeling bug. I think being cooped up inside during all this rain and stormy weather just makes me want to break free and change everything! Dreams of flowers and paving stones and shovels dance 'round my head...and you get to help me!
I'd like to change the entryway to my house to something more updated, inviting and interesting. After viewing countless photos from Do It Yourself Landscape Design, I've created a slideshow of my ideas thus far ranging from simple and inexpensive to "break the bank" elaborate. I would LOVE for you to vote on which one you like best (see left column). Leave me comments of any ideas you have as well! Please note that the following photos were edited in Photoshop so all the lines may not, well, line up but you get the general idea:



My main objectives are:
  • add some curves to break up the straight lines
  • convert some of the driveway back to grass or flowers (we can park 6 cars in that driveway)
  • more utility of front lawn. We don't really walk around that grassy area.
  • hide the fact that I have easy, low-maintanence, no-frills plants by using interesting structural focal points

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is #2. I feel like it matches your house the best. Its not overdone either. Have fun with that project! I am sure whatever you do will look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #2 and #4, slight nod to #2. #5 comes in third. Definitely not #3.

    ReplyDelete