Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Worst Storm in 10 Years!

Due to the recent major storms that hit Northern California, I went to Half Moon Bay, CA to film some of the major wave action at Maverick's surf spot. The waves were lightly spilling over the jetty and cement wall (see other videos for footage). As I turned away to photograph something else, I heard someone yell, "Here comes another wave!" I turned just in time to see the large wave and press "Record". You can see my point of view as I get smashed and run away to higher ground...


Ocean waves at Maverick's surf spot in Half Moon Bay, CA crash through the jetty and cement barrier and spill over into the harbor in the aftermath of the major storms in Northern California. You can see several of the large jetty boulders have been washed away from parts of the jetty.

2 comments:

  1. Your site looks great Kristi. It's been a while since I visited, but it's really looking good. Hope the weather has calmed down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the storms were crazy! I wasn't as brave as you however, I stayed inside and hid all weekend from the rain! I plan on going outside tomorrow to enjoy some sunshine, plus my girls are getting cabin fever!

    ReplyDelete