Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Health Tip - Triathlons!

We're all on the road to getting healthy! Yeah! I'm mulling over the idea of training for Eppies Great Race, the world's oldest triathlon, coming up in July: run 5.8 miles, bike 12 miles, kayak 6 miles. If I choose to do this I'll post my progress here! :) I only have 5 weeks to get ready so I need to figure out my training schedule and see if this is feasible.

Have any of you ever trained for a marathon or triathlon? I'd love all advice and support!!

Here's my health tip today:

Drinking water:

  • Lubricates your joints and eyes
  • Moisturises your skin , giving you a better complexion
  • Helps maintain good skin and muscle tone
  • Better sleep and digestion
  • Eliminates toxic wastes (helps keep cellulite away)
  • Prevents constipation
  • Gives you more energy
  • Transports nutrients around your body and supports the central nervous system, which in turn reduces stress.
  • Normal brain function (having a clearer sharper mind and less headaches)
The short-term effects of dehydration include nausea, fatigue, lethargy, headaches and fainting. The long-term effects can be even more serious, including kidney disease.(from Healthy Chic)

No comments:

Post a Comment