Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Duct Tape Mini Me?

Ever heard of making your own dress form out of duct tape? I read a how-to article about it a few years back and I think I even bought the downloadable ebook on how to do it but I've never actually done it nor do I know anyone that's made one. Well, for everyone else that is waiting for someone else to try this crazy idea: it's your lucky day! JP has agreed to help me make one this weekend. I'll post the pics (maybe some vids) of how it turns out. :)

Threads Magazine has 4 inexpensive options to make your own dress form, all with photos. YouTube also has some good instructional videos.

In the meantime, here's a vid on how the professional dress forms are made. Kinda nifty:

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That's hilarious! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I think I'd be tempted to make my waist smaller and my boobs bigger...

    ReplyDelete