Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

My toddler shirt dress - FINISHED!

Here's my first attempt at turning an otherwise normal (but completely unwearable from a fashion perspective) ladies shirt into a toddler dress for my niece. I picked up the shirt from Goodwill for about $4. The beach scene seemed like it would be perfect on a little girl I know who actually lives right on the Bay!Here's the finished dress! It took me about 4 hours because I changed my mind on the sleeves halfway through and basically unpicked the entire dress and started over. haha. I always find a way to turn a simple project into something difficult! :)
I opted not to do the waistband since it was already going to be a bit small since I started with a womens shirt which is quite a bit smaller than the mens shirt recommended. But I did keep the original shirt length so I didn't have to redo the hem, which was an added bonus.and here it is on my adorable niece!

8 comments:

  1. That's adorable. Well done Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it turned out perfect!! It is so cute! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! What a wonderful talent to have, it turned out perfect. I love the picture of her walking away. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I love it! You must teach me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's ADORABLE! Cute shirt choice. And UM....can your daughter's hair be any more amazing??? I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wait, just realized....that's not your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, yeah i HOPE my future daughters have hair as cool as Elle's blonde afro! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete