Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Welcome Home!

Goodness, four days sure seems like a long time when you're home all alone, in a big house, far away from family! JP was gone this past weekend. He was helping his best friend and his wife move to Herriman, Utah. I think that's by Salt Lake City. Anyway, they needed some help driving the HUGE moving van and some extra-srong muscles to pack and unpack the beast of a vehicle. Of course, JP was more than happy to lend his strong back and mighty biceps. :)

Unfortunately, that meant that I would be home alone for four days. And on top of that, I was still recovering from a surgery earlier this month. Needless to say, it was a veeeeeerrrrrrryyyy loooonnnnnnggggg weekend for me. I was so excited on the day that JP was coming home that I made him this sign and baked him a cake!

Cake Disclosure: Yes, I am the daughter of the internationally famous cake designer, Janie Allred. No, I never payed close attention when she tried to teach me a darn thing! The following creation in no way resembles the masterpieces of the Great Janie Allred, which can be seen at her website here.It may not look terribly pretty, but it sure tastes just a good as a "Janie Cake"! Jp loved it. And that's all that matters! :)

1 comment:

  1. Look at you be a cute wife! That cake looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete