Pages

Friday, September 28, 2007

You may have noticed some new changes to my blog. I've started a new project - making awesome, adorable, and sophisticated magnets! And I'm selling them in my very own Etsy shop, Rock the Fridge. Some of the latest items are shown to the left. Etsy is an online marketplace for crafty people to sell their homemade items. I've fallen in love with the place and just can't get enough!

It all began by trying out a craft project I found on someone else's blog: making glass marble magnets. They turned out so great that I just couldn't stop and I found myself suddenly pondering the flaws of my current fridge and office magnets - tacky, cheesy and definitely weak. A magnet's main purpose in life is: First, and foremost, to hold up a piece of paper! Several of my current magnets were already failing in this one core area. Second, they should enhance the room, be decorative, but not too loud or obnoxious. I'm sorry JP, but the tropical fish magnets' days are numbered. :)

All of the magnets in my Rock the Fridge store are super strong, creative and sophisticated. You'll find natural, polished river rocks, hand-painted wooden words, and even some spooky Halloween magnets! Perfect for your fridge, office or locker! Okay, so have I sold you already? I'm done with my little commercial here. But, seriously, check them out and let me know what you think!

1 comment: