Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bali, Indonesia

We're moving…to another country! Crazy!! An opportunity came up that is enabling us to follow our dreams of living abroad and traveling around the world. Who can say no to that?? :) I started this blog a long time ago in the anticipation that we would one day be able to work online and travel. Now that dream is becoming a reality...

Move Date: August 24th

Location: Bali, Indonesia

Duration: at least 1 year


View Larger Map

We'll be living near Denpasar, which is the capital of Bali. There are close to 500,000 people in Denpasar so it's a fairly large city with all the comforts of home, like internet, grocery stores, salons, etc. I'm a pretty adventurous gal, but I'm sure glad we won't be roughing it too much! haha.

JP lived in the Philippines for 2 years while serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints about 10 years ago, so he knows what it's like living in a 3rd world country. I've only ever been to Hawaii and Mexico, so this will be a totally new experience for me. Bali is really Americanized and tons of tourists go there every year so I’m not too worried. :)

This is very unexpected, but I’m very excited and nervous and a bit scared but mostly excited. It’s bittersweet to say good-bye to friends and family, but you’re all welcome to come visit!! I've vowed to keep this blog so you can watch all my crazy adventures and blunders while trying to get around, shop for groceries, and fight off the scary bugs and monkeys. :)



7 comments:

  1. Crazy stuff! Congratulations on your pending move. I'll check back to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO COOL! We're moving to Austin in a month so I feel your "a little scared/but mostly excited emotions"....though your adventure is far more adventurous! Good luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks GORGEOUS! I am excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear all about it! Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! I can't wait to see you guys before you go. When do you get here?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your moving on Maggie's 1st birthday- that's good luck. I'm envious of you guys- I think you're going to have some great adventures! Can't wait to hear about them all and see pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, this is Jenny posting, not Doug- but I'm sure he's excited for you too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, you guys. I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete