Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Island Dress

This was one of the dresses I bought for Bali since it looked kinda island-like and is really lightweight material. I wore it once in California, though, and didn't really like it so I made some changes...

I hemmed it so it falls just below my knee and used the scraps to make sleeves so I don't have to wear a t-shirt underneath it. I'm glad I did this since it's WAAAAAYYY too hot to wear even that extra layer of a t-shirt under things. I wore this dress yesterday here in Bali and I think it's my new favorite! What do ya think?
They sell a ton of dresses similar to the first picture for super cheap so I think I'll buy some here and shorten them and add sleeves as well. Sew fun!! Now I just need to find a sewing machine....

6 comments:

  1. looks good- did you get to take your sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You talented girl! That looks great! Comfy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the adjustment. I wish I had some of that talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sleeves were brilliant add on!! It is a cute dress and I bet the length looks better as well is cooler. CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just caught up on all your fun Bali pics! What an amazing experience! It's funny how different it is over there. The wieght gain stuff really cracked me up. Your dress turned out adorable! Way to embrace island life baby! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alysa, no I didn't bring my sewing machine. I altered the dress my last day at Claudia's back in SF. But I AM looking to possibly buying a sewing machine while I'm here. :)

    ReplyDelete