Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Photos, photos and more photos!

I already have TONS of photos and videos, but my laptop is being a little difficult and making it hard to access those, but here's our flight and the first few hours in Bali...

JP @ SF Airport at 1:30 AM with our 4 bags. Mine are the 2 red ones. JP is very sleepy, poor thing!

Don't know why I needed a photo of our plane, but here it is!! JP's wondering why all the scuff marks near the windshield...got bumped on the garage door or something?

This is a shot from my seat on the plane on the flight from SF to Taipei, Taiwan. 2330 miles and this is all I saw. Very exciting stuff.

For some reason I thought this was really funny! Apparently this is the international symbol for "I have a poopy diaper!" Seen in the Taipei Airport.

We had 3 hours to kill in the Taipei Airport and in our wonderings we stumbled upon this vending machine. Looks pretty cool.

Our flight from Taipei to Bali took us over the Philippines. The sky was very cloudy so we didn't get many glimpses of the Philippines, but I was able to get this shot of the lush jungle-like terrain of one island. JP thinks it's Borneo, Indonesia though. We can't be too sure either way. I couldn't find a single man-made structure anywhere. Just tons of folaige and veins of rivers and dried riverbeds. It'd be crazy to be lost down there...

My first view of islands!! These pictures don't do them justice, though. The water was this amazing color of blue and so clear!

Bali coastline

They have statues like this in the middle of every turnabout. This one is GIGANTIC of one of their Gods fighting a sea monster on top of a huge wave. Tool cool!

Kuta Beach at 7 AM. We went straight there. No one was out yet. The water was about 75 degrees that early, but warmed up as the day went on.

Tons of bits of coral and seashells scattered all along the beach. I've already started a nice little collection. JP knows that's bad news. haha


5 comments:

  1. I so glad you finally put pictures on. You have some amazing pictures. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darrien says "It't cool, I wish I was there."
    Jacob says " I miss you and I like all the pictures that you are sending."

    Kyle says. I domt't want to tell them anything I want to play with the camera."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Photos! Now we get to share in your adventure! The trick with the shell collection is to KEEP it "little", and don't accidently take home any hermit crabs! hahaha! In only ten days in the Cook Islands, I brought home 4 kilos of sand and shells--and, of course, little Raro--our stowaway crab! Awww, what would life BE without him? :)

    ReplyDelete